WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Breakfast with Santa


This was our best attempt at a holiday picture isn't that sad! Ha

My multiples club host a Breakfast with Santa each year for the kids and this year it happened to fall on the exact same day as the Parade of Lights. I could have easily said forget Santa I am too tired for that but if you are going to do the Santa thing with young children it is better to do it in a non hostile environment. The kids were a little too young to have any objections to Santa last year but this year might be a different story.

The club uses one of the member's churches and everyone brings a goodie to share for breakfast. Last year most of the kids were dressed up in church clothes for pictures but you can wear whatever you want to. Last year Dallas was working and I had to bring the kids by myself so they were in onsies. This year I dressed them in their Christmas outfits and was determined to get my ONLY attempt at Santa out of the way for 2008.

We arrived very close to on time which is a Christmas miracle in itself!
The kids sat down and had breakfast while everyone waited for Santa.


Santa arrived and my kids could have cared less.


After they finished eating the only thing they wanted to do was run!!! RUN, RUN, RUN! I was in a large area filled with twins and what do you know mine were the only two running like mad children! I constantly heard comments on how much energy my kids have and what a handful they must be. "Wow they sure are fast," as they fly by someone on their way to the next object of interest. I used to hope it was a phase but I think that hope has dwindled.


Deciding where to run first... Quinn Speers- just had to share he is so dang cute!

Notice we are the only ones in the hall running crazy!


Yes I know my daughter does not have any shoes on. I bought some but her fat feet wouldn't fit in them and I didn't try them on until we were on the way. Oops...


Attempted to get a good picture of them together but Paige wouldn't allow it.


I wasn't really in a hurry so we let the kids run and play while everyone took pictures with Santa. Neither Ethan nor Paige was scared of Santa this year but a decent picture was still impossible. Ethan kept starring at Santa and wouldn't look at the camera. He was a little confused because Melissa's dad was Santa this year and Ethan knows him. He probably thought why is he wearing all this stuff and whats on his face? Paige would not be still for two seconds! She didn't want anyone to hold her or keep her from running. Santa soon gave up and they were off again. I swear, we were the only couple sweating when we left that morning. We finally buckled the kids in their seats, plopped in the car, looked at each other and decided we both needed a nap now! No time for a nap the day had just begun.

Watch out Santa Paige has a mean left hook!


At least they weren't screaming too!

No comments: