WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Friday, January 23, 2009

60th Wedding Anniversary

My Grandparent's 60th wedding anniversary was this Monday, January 19th. My Mom had the idea to throw them a surprise anniversary party and I offered to host. Within a couple weeks everything was ready to go and the party was set for this past Saturday. It was an intimate party with only my first cousins but even that is quite a group in our family. If you don't know the story of our family literally doubling then let me catch you up.

My Grandparents had two girls, my Mom and my Aunt Sharon. My Mom had three kids and Sharon had two girls. My cousin Nikki started everything when she had her twin boys, Austin and Alex, who are now three. Krissa had a little boy, Weston, who is now a little over two. My brother and I both had boy/ girl twins, Ethan, Paige, Abby, and Jake that are almost two. Then Nikki had one more little boy, Jake, who is 9 months old. To finish it all up my sister in law is now pregnant with another girl due in March and my cousin, Krissa is pregnant with twin girls due in May. Did you lose count yet? Total that is four sets of twins and three singletons once everyone arrives in a few months! ELEVEN great grand children for my grandparents all under the age of three! The amazing thing is that we can not find any twins in our family tree and all of the sudden we have unleashed a multiplying gene! Dallas and I are the only ones with out three kids now. We can't even go out to eat together because the restaurant wouldn't have enough high chairs and boosters. Table for 14 with 11 high chairs please! Ha!

Back to the party...
My Mom took my Grandparents out for lunch and then they had their anniversary pictures made at Portrait Innovations. While they were getting pictures made my family met at my house for the surprise. Everyone brought food, drinks, and we had a beautiful cake made. My grandmother didn't even know what was going on for a while. They were so incredibly shocked and surprised! The kids all loved playing together and had a blast destroying the playroom. The adults actually got a chance to visit since the kids were so preoccupied with all the toys. It was really one of the most gratifying parties I have ever thrown. The look on my Grandparents' faces was something I will never forget. All they have been wanting to do for the past year is get the family together and they haven't stopped talking about it since. Thanks to all my family for helping pull it all off. I love you all very much!

I didn't get as many good pictures as I usually do because my kids were into EVERYTHING! I am going to post a few of mine and I will post my Aunt's when I get some of hers.


The table and the amazing, yummy cake.


The only picture of kids playing I took, sad huh. :)


How you feed 7 kids at one time!

From left to right; Austin, Alex or (Alex, Austin?),Pap Paw, Jake, Ethan, Paige, Granny, Jake in her lap, Weston, and Abby.


It is so hard to get a good picture of this many toddlers!
Yes, we dressed them all in red on purpose.


I love these two wonderful people!

No comments: