WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Memorial Day weekend

Friday afternoon we started our holiday weekend with a visit from Cheyenne and Kingston. The kids had a great time playing together as usual.


Bubble fun- pardon the unattractive comforter I was drying in the background. :)


Ethan recently started pushing sister around on the Mickey Mouse ride on toy.
She loves it and Kingston did as well.


Happy kiddos.

Saturday morning we gathered swimming gear and headed to Nancy and Ed's house in Benbrook. We planned to play outside with their new swing set, go swimming and grill lunch together. We arrived and the kids immediately headed out back. It was a really nice morning and we enjoyed spending it outside. They recently had a stone patio laid and it was wonderful. It gave the kids ample room to drive their cars and play with toys. We ended up not going swimming because it was too cold that morning. The water was ice cold! Dallas thought it was fine but Nancy and I out voted him. The kids had a lot of fun playing and we had a good time visiting.


Ethan did not mind being in the toddler swing one bit. They all took turns on the swings. The kids and Allison play so well together.



Baby Riley enjoying being outside with the big kids.

I was having major stomach issues while we were there. We had drove through Whataburger in Fort Worth on the way just to grab something small to eat. We knew we wouldn't be eating until lunch and we had been in too big of a rush to eat at home. We grabbed the kids a biscuit and I got a sausage biscuit. By the time we arrived at their house I did not feel very well. My stomach continued to hurt for the entire visit. Once it was lunch time I really started feeling bad. I sat there while everyone was eating trying to hold it together. I finally surrendered and excused myself to the bathroom. Safe to say I had food poisoning. We left shortly after and headed home. By the time we got home I was even sicker. I spent the rest of the day, night and half the next morning sick as a dog! It was so horrible. I couldn't even drink a sip of water or I would be dry heaving. Thank goodness I have a wonderful husband who stepped up and took care of the kids the rest of the day. It has taken me a good 6 days to get over this and I would not wish it on anyone.

Sunday was my little brother, Brandon's, 21st birthday. I can't believe that he is that old! He is 7 years younger than me and has always just been a little kid. Now he is a grown man, how weird! We had ask him if he wanted to go out for his 21st a few weeks back but he was going to be out of town. His plans fell threw so we ended up getting to hang out with him after all. I was the designated driver since I was still feeling sick anyway I knew I wouldn't be drinking. Dallas' parents came over to watch the kids and we headed out that evening. Normally Sunday would not be the ideal night to go out but since everyone was off for Memorial Day the following day we knew it would be fun. We talked April and Jen into going out with us as well and we all headed to Lower Greenville in Dallas. We only went to two different bars but we had such a great time! I imagine it was not the 'crazy' time he would have had with his own friends but I truly think Brandon had a good time. Our crowd sits around the tables and talks and laughs all night. The 21 year old crowd dances and really parties. We can't even begin to party like that anymore. I was surprised we all made it to 2:00 am without falling asleep in our chairs. We stopped at Ihop on the way home to grab something to eat. All I can say is there are some real weirdos out at 2 something in the morning. Linda and Micheal woke up with the kids that morning and I did not get out of bed until almost noon. Can you believe that! I was still trying to sleep off that food poisoning. We had such a great time hanging out! Too bad I did not take one stinking picture the entire night. Sorry! Happy Birthday Little Bro!

Monday, Memorial Day, Mike and April were breaking in their new grill and having everyone over. We were both so exhausted but decided to go anyway. You can't use the excuse that you are tired from going out when the group you went out with is there. I knew I would not be the only one who looked like I had been ran over by a semi truck. Ha! The kids were really excited about going to play with Reese. When we showed up the kids immediately took off to Reese's room and we did not have to worry about them much. They are old enough now to really play with Reese. She is old enough to direct them with what she wants to do and they are old enough to follow her. None of them are old enough yet to fight about what they are doing either. Bliss!

The kids were playing "night, night" at one point and I did not have my camera with me. All three would lay on Reese's bed and play like they were sleeping. Ethan even fake snores, so adorable! April would turn off the light while they slept. Then she would turn the light on and they would all jump up and scream with glee. Then it would start over again and again and again.

At one point they were all lined up in the living room turning circles. They would turn, turn, turn until Reese fell down and then Ethan and Paige would follow.

My favorite game by far was when they were playing kitty cats. Near the end of the visit we hear a weird almost squealing sound coming from the hall. We step in the living room to see Reese crawling on her hands and knees followed by Paige and then Ethan. They were meowing and crawling like cats! It was the cutest thing I have ever seen. They crawled all through the living room, kitchen and around the island. It would have been even cuter if we weren't trying to clean up at that exact moment. I of course did not have my camera for any of these cute moments. This was the first time the kids have ever followed behind someone using play imagination in front of me. It was so cute and it made me very excited for the future. I think they will have many years of playing fun imaginative games with Reese. Thanks for having us over Mike and April! The food was wonderful, the company was great and the kids had a blast!


They all said Cheese for me!




Paige was the only one who played "night, night" for me when I ask her to.




Reese loves her Uncle D so much!


Everyone on Dallas!


We were all so beat from the long weekend!

No comments: