WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday!

Saturday, April 25th my babies turned two! I can't believe they are already two! Where did the time go? I decided early on this year that I didn't want the party at our house. We have so many family, friends and kids in our lives that a party at our house can quickly get out of hand. I looked at many options early on and decided on Pump it up. It was located only a few minutes from our house and was reasonably priced. I had to book the date four months early to get the date/time I wanted. Safe to say I was not disappointed and the kids had a FANTASTIC time!


Paige practicing jumping. Best attempt at a pic of Ethan and Reese.

After watching a short video on rules and safety we were set free in the first play area. The room had a huge bounce house with a small obstacle course and slide. The giant yellow slide was definetly all the kids favorite! The other inflatable was a level 15 gladiator obstacle course that was completly out of my league!


Ethan's first ride down the slide.

There goes Paige...

The blur flying down the slide is cousin, Abby. Our God daughter, Miss Reese.

Until the kids got the hang of climbing all the equipment I felt better with adults helping them. I opted to help Paige after observing her tumble down the slide steps head first a couple of times. After riding the yellow slide a hundred times I decided to take her on the obstacle course from hell! I swear this thing was a challenge for even the physically fit adult. Not only was I climbing over walls and barriers but I was also dragging my 30 lb daughter with me. Once we got to the end I realized that the only way out was to scale a 10 ft high wall with Paige in tow. Are you freaking kidding me!!! I kept falling down and couldn't seem to get it together and quit laughing long enough to get her up the wall. I met Dallas and Julie with Ethan at the bottom of the wall, thank goodness. The three of us were able to get all the kids up the wall and down the slide. They went down next and now it was just me. I climbed the wall and on the final handle my sweaty hand slipped and down I went. Bam, bam, bam hitting each and every foot holster on the way down. Damn it! At this point I was almost in tears thinking, "Why the hell did I get in this thing!" I composed myself and tried again. I was successfull this time and slid down to join the rest of the party. My mother had been taking pictures for me while I played with the kids. She had saw me going in with Paige and had been waiting at the end of the slide to get my picture. She said, "I thought you died?" "Me too Mom, me too!"


My favorite pic of Paige. Ed and Allison our old neighbors and good friends.


John and John from our daycare. Sweet Abby!


My favorite pic. of Ethan. Paige and Addi racing up the steps.


What goes up must come down... Addi


Paige and Austin.

After 40 minutes in the first play area, it was time to go to the second one. This room had a very large bounce house, a bounce house with basketball goals and balls, another obstacle course inflatable and some cars for the kids to play with. I was exhausted by the second room and opted to take pictures. I noticed almost all the adults that participated in the first room were opting out of the second. The adults who didn't play in the first were now ready to give it a try. It really worked out well. All the kids kept going strong and that is how you know they are all still young!

Paigey and her other cousin, Jake.


Landon loved pushing the other kids in the cars. Look at Ethan dragging his feet. Silly boy.


Crash and the kids love it. Look at this wall! Seriously!!!


Abby was in the last car so Rylie just sat with her and she didn't mind. Aw, they are sharing!

Once our time was up in the second jumping room we went to our party room. The room was all set up and ready to go. I had provided dry snacks for all the kids so they didn't just fill up on sugar after playing so hard. I of course went a little far with the coordinating snack boxes I made. Anyone who really knows me was not surprised. We ate snacks, cake and attempted to open presents. The kids were about tapped at this point and really didn't care about the gifts. We decided to open the rest at home. The staff loaded all the gifts in my car for me and we were out the door leaving a huge mess behind. So worth every penny!


Snacks, Mickey Mouse style. My beautiful birthday kids.


Austin and John from school. Miss Allison, so pretty.


Happy birthday song. Time for cake!


Ethan LOVES cake. Abby thought her bro needed some cake in his hair.


Can't believe Rylie could sleep through all this. The lovely Adams family.


Birthday boy and girl!


Ready for gifts...

Abby going nuts on a balloon. Nancy and Allison, pretty girls.

Addison and Landon coloring their goodies. Hugs bye!

Special thanks to all the adults that helped with the kids at the party. I hope you all had as much fun as we did!!!

(There were so many pictures. I had such a hard time deciding which ones to post. They were all so good. If you need copies emailed to you please let me know.)

No comments: