WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Monday, May 18, 2009

Friday with old friends

Friday after work I picked the kids up early and Becky came over with Emily and Katie to visit. Just to refresh your memory, I used to work with Becky at Titan for years. I work for her mother and have for over 7 years. We used to be really good friends but through the years we have just gotten busy. Emily and Katie were flower girls in our wedding almost 5 years ago.


Katie, Emily, me & Erin. Katie getting her lipstick for the wedding.


Erin, me & Emily at our reception. Dallas and Emily- 2004.

We all look so young then now check out our flower girls now.
(Scanned pics, not wonderful but you get the gist.)

Emily's 2008-2009 school picture.


Katie's 2008-2009 school picture. Don't they look like sisters almost twins!!!

I called Becky last week and ask if they would like to come over Friday evening. She said they would for sure and it was set. The girls are so much older and more mature now that it still shocks Dallas and I. For the first 15 minutes the girls really didn't understand how to play with the kids. They have both always been very good with babies and little kids. The only problem is that they want to hold the babies and now the "babies" are more than half their size. Ethan and Paige were a little stand offish for a while since they did not wish to be picked up or hugged.

All it took was a game of chase to break the ice. Ethan started running saying, "I go, I go!" I told Emily and Katie to chase him and get him. It was on from that moment on. They played everything from chase to the ball pit and slide. They climbed together on the car bed and chased bubbles. The kids all had an excellent time playing together.

The most amazing thing was the adult time! Becky, Dallas and I got to enjoy a drink and visit for hours because Emily had it under control. We sat at the kitchen table catching up while the kids ran around playing. By the end of the evening, Emily had Paige on her hip! It was bed time and Paige didn't want her medicine so she buried her head in Emily's chest as she held her. Oh it was the sweetest thing I have ever seen. Paige was giving her kisses and loving every minute of it!

I can't tell you how wonderful it was to visit with them! It will definitely not be long before we invite them over again! Emily and Katie wanted to come back Sunday. Becky said they were in tears about how much they missed the twins. Too bad I was having so much fun I only took one picture. Thanks Becky for bringing the bunch over to visit!


Everyone had worked up an appetite!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

YOU were a beautiful bride, Lisa!!
Julie