WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Friday, February 6, 2009

The Stars Were Aligned

Last night Dallas and I arrived home at the same time and were both starving. It has been a while since we went out to eat with the kids but we decided we wanted to try it. We have been eating a lot of sandwiches lately and we both wanted a good meal we didn't have to cook or clean up.

We changed the kids diapers, put on their socks and shoes, packed their diaper bag and we were out the door. We decided to go to Applebee's. The kids were so cute as they walked into the restaurant holding our hands. We went straight to our table and settled in for the ride.

I brought the kids books which I have had hidden for about a month. They were so excited to read their books! I know you are thinking why would Mom hide the kids books? Because Ethan doesn't read books as much as he EATS books! Unless I watch him every second he will eat an entire book. He tends to put everything in his mouth but the books really irritate me. Grammie bought us all new Peekaboo books in December and within a few weeks they were almost destroyed. Since the books had been put away for a while the kids were absolutely enthralled with them.

The kids food came first and they were hungry. They love when we go out to eat because they get to eat things they wouldn't get at home. Last night it was fries with their chicken strips. I think all kids love fries but they just aren't very nutritionally valuable. We had received our food by this time and we were enjoying a wonderful family dinner. I was almost done eating when I realized that I wasn't sweating or arguing with Dallas. Was this possible? Were we enjoying a meal out with our kids? I told Dallas how excited and stunned I was that this meal out was going so well. He said, "I know, but it's not over yet!"

We finished our meal, cleaned the kids up, and packed up to go home. We checked out and the kids walked back out to the car. Once we were on our way home I pointed out how easy and enjoyable that trip was to Dallas. I boasted about how much older the kids were and how many factors of timing contributed to the meals success. The kids eat at 6:30 instead of 6:00 now so you have longer to get their food before they melt down. The kids also go to bed later now and that definitely helps with evening activities. After all was said and done Dallas determined that simply the stars were aligned in our favor this fateful night!

1 comment:

R.A.M. head on! said...

that is just awesome, who ever would have thought a simple meal like that would be like you just had an amazing night at the ritz. and I am sure every other parent (mainly mom) sat back and said "how are they doing that, they are GREAT parents, without a problem in the world"!