WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Friday, February 27, 2009

Buster Update

It is Friday morning and I just got off the phone with Carol, Buster's foster mom. She was scheduled to come get him sometime tomorrow and I am having doubts about giving him back.

Since I talked to her on Wednesday Ethan has really warmed up to the dog. He has been petting him and following him around saying, "dog, dog". In the last two days everyone has seemed to really start to adjust. (THAT FIGURES!)

Last night Zoe and Buster played for hours. They were rolling around on the floor playing and they were even playing with Dallas. Zoe has suddenly given up so much of her control. I can pet Buster without her showing teeth and if she feels left out she just starts playing and getting involved in the action.

This morning Buster didn't even stay in the house once the kids got up. He went outside and played with Zoe. The dogs still argue over food but otherwise they seem to really like each other.

Buster is such an obedient dog I am afraid we won't find a better mannered dog. I caught him on top of the hot tub yesterday evening and yelled at him. You would have thought by the way he was acting that I beat him. He jumped off and went to the ground. He laid on the ground with a horribly sad face forever. He must have thought I was really mad and I started to feel bad. I had to go pet him and tell him it was okay but that wasn't a place for doggies.

I have noticed in the last few days that Zoe's tail has been wagging and she is starting to resemble the dog we had before Bruce died.

I thought Carol would be irritated with me for changing my mind but she actually was thrilled. She said due to the economical downfall many people are turning animals over to the organization and NOBODY is looking for a new pet. Buster is such a special, sweet dog and she is worried that he won't find a home because of the economy. She said that another lady is interested in him but it isn't the best situation. She could only give me certain details due to privacy but pretty much the lady lives alone in an duplex. She works 8 hours a day and has no backyard. She wants to make him an inside dog that she will walk when she gets home. That isn't going to work for Buster he has too much energy for that situation. The lady doesn't have any other dogs or kids to play with and that means he will chew her entire house up. The obvious best match is us. Buster spends most of his time outside at our house and I can't imagine that large dog stuck in a small duplex all the time alone.

So now my decision is even harder! I think I over reacted to the kids being knocked down and I didn't give him enough time to adjust to our routine. Yesterday at lunch he came inside and said hello then went back outside to play. He figured out in two days that lunch time is only a temporary visit time and I have things to do during that time. I told Carol I would call her with my final decision this evening. She said she will gladly tell the other lady that I changed my mind and Buster is staying with us. However if we keep him for the next week of his scheduled two week sleepover and decide not to adopt him, he will have no one else waiting for him. So pretty much I have to decide whether to turn him over to the lady in the duplex or keep him for our family...

It's going to be a long day! Thanks for listening everyone.

No comments: