WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Tuesday, February 3, 2009

It's a Baby Shower



This past Saturday was our best friends, April and Mike's, baby shower. I threw them a small shower at our house. April didn't want anything big or complicated just a small gathering to honor their new baby boy. Mike is a huge San Antonio Spurs fan! He was of course excited about decorating the baby's room in Spurs and basketball gear. They soon discovered the same thing we did when Dallas wanted to decorate Ethan's room in Dallas Cowboys gear it's very expensive. The mobile alone for a professional sports team cost about $50.00. They have since decorated the room in tan, olive green, burnt red, and black. It is so cute and classy!

I felt that since Mike didn't get his basketball baby's room I would theme the baby shower with basketballs and "It's a Boy" decor. It turned out really cute! It was smaller than most of my parties but I really enjoyed the visiting time. I am usually running around crazy during a party and after wards I barely remember speaking to anyone. On Saturday I actually got to sit down, visit and enjoy myself. I think April and Mike had a good time and that is what it was all about. We love you guys and we are ready for our new baby boy! Kai Michael Schumann is due on February 28th. (It is pronounced like Kite without the te.)


Mantel decorations and hanging swirls with basketballs and the baby's name.


The food spread and the kitchen decorations. Cheyenne provide most of the food and drinks. Thanks, Chey!


The cake table and the amazing strawberry layered cake from Cooper St. Bakery. Yum!


Big sister-to-be, Reese, was very excited about all her big sister gifts.

She was not happy when she didn't get to open all the baby's gifts. 3 is such a fun age. I just can't wait let me tell you.

Grandma Elsie won the baby lotto game.


Silly Daddy and another gift for Big Sister-to-be.


Gift time!

Family picture. April and her mom, Karen.


Mommy-to-be and me. The happy couple and expectant parents.

No comments: