WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Friday, February 13, 2009

Shaggy kids

I have been trying to get the kids hair cut for the past week with no luck. Last Sunday I wanted to go but I was out voted and we went to Home Depot instead. Ethan is looking so shabby lately and Paige needs something done to her hair. I don't want to cut the length but the front looks horrible and she is constantly moving her hair away from her ears.

Wednesday I even tried to go after work. Doing anything on a weekday is usual pointless but I was determined to get their hair cuts. When I got off work I ran by the house and grabbed a few necessities for the venture out. I hurried to Melissa's to get the kids. When I got there I forgot Paige looked like a boy that day and thankfully Melissa had a pink shirt she could borrow. I got the kids packed up and we were on our way. I knew I was pushing it but like I said I was determined. I wanted a good picture of the kids for Valentine's Day cards and to enter in a baby photo contest that was due Friday. I had to drive all the way to the mall to Cool Cuts for Kids. I had to go to a kid friendly salon since I didn't have one adult per child. Traffic was horrible but we made good time and pulled up at 5:45 pm. It was almost too late but I was going to make it work.

Once I stopped the car I notice the building looked dark. I got out and read the sign on the door that said, "Due to a new computer system we will be closing at 5:00 pm in February." CRAP!!! I was so irritated! Now I was stuck with two pissy kids who were ready to get out of the car. Paige started screaming when I started to back out and drive again. I told her I was sorry we had to go home now. They were not amused with my detour!

By the time I got us home it was after 6:00 pm and of course the kids were hungry early. I spent the next thirty minutes cooking while they stood under me whining. I finally got their dinner ready and they didn't even eat most of it. They didn't like the vegetables and just ate their meat. It was bath night and Dallas' late night. Why did I try to do something extra on a weekday? Why?

As soon as the kids finished eating I put them straight in the bath. I finished baths and got them ready for bed. We ended up being up past our bedtime so the kids went right to sleep. I literally fell on the couch once they were in bed to take a minute to recover. The house was scattered with toys and the kitchen was a big mess. Dallas walked in, looked around and started to laugh. "Do I want to know?"

After all was said and done I didn't get Valentine's cards or pictures done. I didn't get a good picture of the kids for the photo contest. My kids still look like shabby orphans and I'm still irritated!

I am going to attempt this again this evening after work. I get off early today and they MUST have a hair cut before their Valentine's party at the park tomorrow morning. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

R.A.M. head on! said...

why is it when ever you try to do something special or just extra, all odds are against you! But definitly lots of kudos to you for trying!