WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Kai is here!

Okay first thing I need to apologize for the "It" blog accidentally sent out the other day. It was so funny to get responses from everyone. "What, what is it?" So, sorry about that!

I have once again gotten behind in my blogging and this time it was because of an audit at work. Those of you who have known me for years know that every 3 years or so we have an audit at work and it is always unbelievable. I was literally living at work for the last few weeks until last Friday. Diane, my boss, is having knee surgery next Wednesday so she got a letter from her doctor to postpone the audit. Thank Goodness! Since NASD has changed to FINRA the rules have changed and it is going to take us a little while to verify that everything is correct. Now that I have a little free time I am going to try to catch up on blogs. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

On Saturday, February 21st April and Mike had their new baby boy. Kai Michael Schumann was born at 3:52 pm weighing in at 8 lbs 9 ozs and 20 1/2 inches long. He is a beautiful little boy with pudgy kissable cheeks.

April went to the hospital at 7 am on Saturday and they broke her water at 8 am. Once her water was broken it was discovered that the baby had had a bowel movement in the sack. This is always scary since the matter is dangerous to the baby. She was constantly having to move position because the baby was getting very tired from the contractions. The staff thought that the baby's cord was probably wrapped around his neck; therefore, they were on high alert. They moved in a neo natal team and prepared April and Mike for the delivery.

Dr. Gordon who also delivered our twins told them that they would NOT hear the baby cry when he came out. They didn't want him to cry until they got all of the bowel out of the baby's airway. How scary! April was of course upset and worried what mother wouldn't be. I arrived at the hospital around 12:30 pm once our kids were down for nap. I had perfect timing because her family and Mike were taking a lunch break. I got to go sit and talk with April by myself. I reassured her that Dr. Gordon would not allow anything bad to happen to baby Kai. I told her how much I trusted the hospital and staff where she was delivering. I understood her fears but wanted her to know I truly believed everything would be okay. I sat with April as long as I could before she had to rest. I kissed her on the head and told her I would be here if she needed me.

I headed back to the waiting room and stayed until about 3:00 pm. She was dilated to a 7 and I thought it could take a while longer so I headed home to help Dallas with the kids. I got home and ended up having to go to the grocery store for food for the kids. While I was at the store I get a text that she had the baby at 3:52 pm. Dang it!!! Of course as soon as I leave she has him. Kai was born with the cord wrapped around his neck twice but was doing really well. There was no need for any NICU time or any other assistance. They cleaned him off and their beautiful baby was here!

After everyone left the hospital to let April rest she called me to come back up there. I rushed to the hospital with food the poor girl hadn't eaten since 9 pm the night before. It was nice to see April relaxed and not in anymore pain. I stayed with her until she was moved into her postnatal room. I still hadn't seen the baby and was anxiously awaiting his arrival. April called the nursery and they said Kai would be ready by 7:30 pm. They brought him to the room around 8 pm and he was so gorgeous. He had such perfect skin and those cheeks were to die for! I couldn't hold little Kai because I had a cold. Boo hoo! I left the new family alone to face their first night together.

April and Kai were released home on Monday and they are all doing well. Kai is now almost three weeks old and already growing like a weed. April went back to work with the baby this week to see how it would go. Kai did really well and she actually got some work done. April you are superwoman lately and I don't know how you do it! Dallas and I are so excited to have a new baby to hold, kiss, love on and then give back. :) Reese has been an amazing big sister! You can't say, "the baby" or "baby brother" its always, "My Baby Kai"! Congrats guys!



Only 4 hours old!


First day home with baby Kai.

No comments: