WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Monday, October 12, 2009

10 year reunion

This weekend was my 10 year high school reunion. I was excited to go see some old friends but not really thrilled about going to Brownwood. I never liked the town when I lived there and have only been back a handful of times throughout the past 10 years. An old friend was also getting married in Brownwood this weekend but we could not make it in time for the wedding. Dallas ended up having to work on Friday and Saturday so we could not leave town until after 3pm. Mom aka Grammie babysat the kids for us. They had a kid time at the park around 2 pm but we could not make that. Even if Dallas was off work I doubt we would have attended the park gathering. It was cold outside and I don't have a babysitter in Brownwood. What would we have done with the kids while we attended the dinner that evening. I know people were disappointed we did not bring the kids so maybe we will bring them for the 20 year. :)

Dallas, Cheyenne and I arrived around 6pm and headed over to Jayme's house where we were staying for the night. We got settled in and started getting ready for our 8 pm dinner reservations. We arrived at Mi Familia's and wasted no time starting the night. We had dinner and drinks followed by a speech, a toast and awards for the funniest things. Such awards for the least amount of hair for the men and the biggest boobs for the women. We always were the 'fun' class! They had a cake and a table set up to remember the three class mates we have lost in the past 10 years. It is really heartbreaking to lose 3 people out of 70 at such a young age. It was nice that they honored them at the event.

After the dinner everyone was heading out to Duke's bar. I did not want to go to a bar especially not in Brownwood. I can't stand country music and drunk old men. We went back to Jayme's house and hung out there the rest of the night. A few other friends from our class stayed the night too. We all stayed up until after 3 am talking and hanging out. No one was awake the following morning until almost 11am! We are all way too old for that kind of night.

We immediately packed up our stuff and headed out of town. My Mom had to get to work and I had promised her we would be home by noon. Thank goodness that she knows better. I think by now she probably takes the time we say we will be home and adds a good three hours to get our actual arrival time. Mom is so wonderful! We love you Mom!!!

We had a good quick trip home and were ecstatic to see that Ethan was up when we got home. Paige woke up not long after and we spent the rest of the day playing together. It was a long weekend but a good one. I did not get to see a few people I really wanted but over all a very good weekend. Thanks Jayme and David for letting us take over your house. It is beautiful!

I only took a couple pictures but I stole these from other people who were there. I have not downloaded mine yet.

Me, Tiff and Jake. I lovely picture of me being goofy!


Melissa and Cheyenne

Group picture of the classmates that attended the dinner.


Us giving our horns support even though I never really did that in school.

No comments: