WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Bounce time

I have recently been searching online trying to decide what to give the kids for Christmas this year. I know with the current economy and looming destruction of my job Christmas may be a difficult one this year. The kids are actually old enough to understand what the holiday is about. They may not grasp the concept of Jesus and the entire story but I guarantee they remember the gift part. Ha! While searching on craigslist I found a bounce house for sale in Ft. Worth. It was a good size and a good price so I sent an email immediately.

It took a couple days before I received a response from the seller. I figured it was already sold until I received a message. She was very happy to sell it to us and we arranged a time to meet. Her kids are older and are involved in sports. They had a football game Saturday morning at 10am so we told her we would be there at 9am. That morning we threw the kids in the car and hurried to be there in time. We pulled up to her house at 9 and the place was empty and dark. I was so very disappointed! I had called her all morning and her voice mail kept coming on but I knew she was expecting us. We ended up leaving a note on the door which Dallas had to approve first since I was so upset. Ha! Does my husband know me or what. We headed back home with two anxious kids.

I had promised them a surprise and they were disappointed as well. I ended up taking them to McDonald's to play and eat lunch while Daddy took at nap. I decided to take them to the one in Mansfield because the only one around us that they like is always dirty. It makes me cringe when we go there. We arrive in Mansfield and go in to play. What a mistake that was! The playground was as always too large for them and we had to leave. Why they make play equipment with those huge steps they have to crawl up, I will never understand. The kids always try, get two steps up and start trying to get down. Well of course they screamed and cried as we got back in the car.

I sang songs and begged them to believe me that we were going some where else. At that point I was taking no chances and went to the McDonald's that they love. We arrived and it was clean! The cleaning service had come earlier that week. Mommy was very happy. They played for over an hour, ate lunch and had a wonderful time. They made a couple friends as usual and I made one enemy. Are you really surprised? I swear some people are just raised in barns. I just don't get it.

I should make this another blog in itself but I am on a roll. Ethan and Paige had been playing with a family of three kids that were there with their Dad and Grand Dad. The kids were about 6,5 and almost 2 years old. They were also playing with a little 5 year old named Abby. Paige thought that was cool. She knows her cousin Abby so she could remember that name. Everyone was having a great time until this little mad girl came to join. I had seen the little girl with her Grandma or someone when they came in. She sat in the far back corner and the adult was on her cell phone the entire time. The little girl was chubby with an awful chili bowl hair cut. She did not have on nice clothes and I don't think I saw her smile once.

Her first offense was chasing the 6 yr old boy growling at him. Weird, I know. The little boy ran to his table looking for help but they just starred at her. He continued to run around the table as she would stop on the opposite side of it and growl at him. She was leaning on these people's table like it was hers. Those poor men sat there with shocked and bewildered faces. The poor little boy ran from this girl forever. I did not say anything because the men were very capable of defending the child and he was old enough to say something himself. Then the little girl pushed me too far.

There is one entrance into the equipment and she was now posted up blocking the entrance growling at the kids. She had an awful snarl on her face and was not being very nice. At this point she was blocking Paige and the little girl who was literally toddling around. Now Paige can handle her own but that poor tiny girl just stood there confused. I had had enough. I completely understand that you are mad at the world because you are over weight and obviously don't have the most loving and attentive family but come on. This girl was probably 11 years old and she knew better.

I walked straight up to that girl and told her she needed to move immediately. That what she was doing was not very nice and all the kids deserved to play on the equipment. She growled at me! Oh my, now I was pissed off! How dare you. Didn't anybody teach you to respect your elders. I said, do you want me to go get your mom or grandma. I said that little girl is less than two years old and you are growling at her like an animal. You need to move now! She scowled at me and growled some more but she moved. My blood was boiling and the poor dads sitting right there looked like they had just seen a ghost. I could not believe they just sat there as their tiny baby got bullied and scared. Men!

I turn around to gather our stuff up. We had been there a long time and I did not have the energy to deal with this little unhappy child. Then I hear that growl again. I turn around and the little devil was doing the same thing to that little girl one tunnel up. She was blocking all the kids now. Seriously, with her arms extended out blocking the entire way. I walked right back up there and yelled in the tunnel. I CAN STILL SEE YOU! You need to move and play nice now! I was so done we were leaving. She turned around and looked at me and growled again but she did move. By that point she got out and went back to her table. Her 'adult' tells her they are going and rushes her out the door. I don't think the woman even knew what was going on. She was still on her phone arguing with someone. How sad it must be to be invisible. I may have been the only one to notice this little girl in God knows how long. It was very disturbing and I was ready to go home.

We headed out and the dads thanked me for all my help. I had also given them Kleenex and wipes. Men are so unprepared. When we returned back home the kids went down for a nap. I got a call from the lady who was selling the bounce house. Her son's game was moved to 9am and her phone fell apart. She rushed all over town trying to find a compatible phone so she get my number. She was so apologetic. She felt awful for us driving all the way over for no reason. She insisted on bringing it to us and charging us less. When the kids woke up from nap they got to jump in their bounce house. I paid her the original price and it was well worth it. After all it wasn't her fault her phone fell apart and she was really sweet. The kids loved the bounce house and have jumped in it numerous times! I imagine it will be with us for a long long time.


He was ready to jump!



Catching some air and having a blast.


Yes, we did blow it up inside our house! It was hot and nasty outside that day and it fits just perfectly in the living room. I am so happy we have such a large living room.


She kept pushing her face against the net. Ethan poked two holes in the net on the first day and this is why we can't have nice things. Ha!


Silly boy. Oh, it's just too much. :)


Even taking the bounce house down is fun!

No comments: