WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The birthday continued...

I have to go back to my birthday weekend where I left off almost a month ago...

We had taken the kids to Dallas' parents so we could enjoy some time to ourselves. It was Labor day weekend and we were off on Monday. The kids stayed at their grandparents until Monday before lunch. Sunday I enjoyed a marvelous trip to the salon which included a pedicure and manicure. It was a very slow day at the salon and I absolutely loved the peaceful music playing in the background. I think I even fell asleep for a while.

After my spa time was over, I headed home to get ready to go swimming. I was meeting Dallas over at Cheyenne's moms house when he finished the alien movie he was watching with friends. No thank you! I will take a spa date over a suspense flick any day. We had a great time swimming and hanging out without any kids. It is not very often that we actually get to swim when we go swimming. Kingston was the only kid so it was easy to keep an eye on him. Dallas had ordered an amazing strawberry cake from Cooper St. Bakery. Yum, so good! We really had a great time. Thanks again Leann for having us over.


Kingston being a silly boy and my yummy cake.
Those are all the pictures since the kids were not there. Who wants to see all of us adult in our swim suits? Definitely NOT all us adults! Ha

On Monday morning we got up and headed to pick up the kids. We were going to try and go to Katie's birthday party even though it started in the middle of nap time. The kids are always exhausted when they come back from Nana and Grand Daddy's house so we tried for an early nap. It actually worked pretty well. We fed them early and put them down early. We woke them up at around 2pm and hurried over to Diane's house for the remainder of the party. Katie and I share a birthday and I love to celebrate it with her or at least see her that weekend. She is my bosses grand daughter and was my littlest flower girl in our wedding. She threw one petal at a time like a little angel. Aw and now she is 7 years old! It is just crazy, I am so old.

We showed up just in time for presents and cake.



Look at my little man waiting so patiently.


She was a good girl waiting too. Then it was time to head out to the blow up water slide on the front lawn. Paige was not in the mood for water that day and spent most of her time with her Daddy. Ethan and Emily were connected at the hip. He went down the slide over and over then they played in the puddles together. He was laughing and screaming with delight. I was a little worried about bringing him and almost left him behind with Dallas. He had been complaining about his ear hurting and was being extremely cranky. Since we live so close to Diane we decided we would go and could easily leave if he was a pain or in pain. I am so glad we let him go since he had such a wonderful time. He ended up waking up with fever the next day and sure enough he had a big fat ear infection.


He had so much fun!


Paige would have liked this more without the spraying water. She hates to be strayed with anything.


He loved going by himself even though it was difficult with so many older helpers. Ha!


This is Emily's puddle game he enjoyed so much- splash, splash.


It was nice to have all the adults lined up perfectly to chat and watch the kids.

I love this girl!
We are counting the days until she is old enough to babysit!!!


Paige found the easel they were using as a happy birthday sign by the front door and she was good to go. Even Ethan took a little time to draw. Paige was already in the playroom in the house by this point.

The only time Emily let anyone else play with her Ethan. :)


and we ended the day with a loud rendition of some song. Ha!

I was so happy to have had such a relaxing fun filled birthday weekend. I really am blessed with an amazing husband, kids, family and friends!

No comments: