WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Surprise!!!

The next weekend after my birthday we did not have many plans. I was looking forward to relaxing and visiting with my Mom. She had called earlier in the week and wanted to come over and visit the kids after work on Friday. She had to go home once they went to bed because she had grading to do. So she came over after work and we sat around playing with the kids. I had bought them tiny flashlights at Target's dollar section since it was rainy and dark outside. We turned off all the lights and let them go. They played with those lights for over an hour! It was so odd to have all the lights off in the house during pouring rain and still have ac. It felt like we were out of power.


We love our Grammie!

Once the kids went to bed Dallas suggested we go out to eat. He had gotten a gift certificate for PF Chang's at work so we could go for free. I was not thrilled about the idea since it was spur of the moment. I knew Mom needed to get home and she did not have her stuff to spend the night. I reluctantly agreed to go since Mom insisted we needed the time out together. So I throw on jeans and a t shirt while Dallas proceeds to take forever to get ready! I talked with Mom to kill time and eventually I was quite irritated. I walked in the bathroom and he was shaving. What! We are going to eat not on a fancy date. By the time we finally left the house I did not even want to go.

Cheyenne had called me and said we should come over to her house and hang out because Kingston was the only one home and he was already asleep. I talked Dallas into going there and using the gift certificate at another time. (Like I wanted to when he originally brought it up.) Now Dallas said he needed to stop and get some beer since we were going to hang out at a friend's house. Where does he go... Albertsons. What? Just run in a convenience store and lets go!!!

It was already after 9pm and I was concerned about my Mom driving home late in the rain. He ran in Albertsons while I waited in the car. I proceeded to make a few phone calls and get madder and madder. He had been in the store so long that people that parked after us were already back in their car and leaving. I finally called him and he said he was on his way out. He got in the truck and I started going nuts. Why did it take you so long? Bickering about why he had to go to Albertsons and waste half of our time we had to hang out. I called cheyenne and told her we were finally on our way. She said just to come in the garage when we got there.

We finally arrived at Cheyenne's house and the garage was shut. Why did she tell me to come in the garage and then shut it. Gggrrrr! I was so extremely irritated at this point that I threw the garage door open to discover my surprise birthday party!!! I was so shocked! We had already celebrated my birthday the weekend before or so I thought. Dallas had been planning this for over a month and with the help of Cheyenne and April he pulled it off. I really had to idea. It took me a good 30 minutes to fully grasp everything. My Mom had all her stuff to spend the night and was in on the entire thing. Dallas had been standing in the bathroom the entire time stalling because of the weather. Stacie and Michael were driving from the Garland area and were running late. Dallas said he knew the only way to stall a person like me is to make them mad. It was so funny! He had literally just went in Alberstons and sat on a bench while he talked to Stacie. I can't believe what an amazing husband I have!!! I am also blessed with wonderful friends and family. I think the most surprising thing was my Mom holding a secret from me. She apologized a lot for having to lie to me. It was a good reason Mom so I forgive you. Ha! I had so much fun hanging out with friends, listening to music, playing pool and eating all the yummy food. Thanks everyone!!!

No comments: