WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Friday, September 11, 2009

Dinner with Jim and Lisa

Last Friday our neighbors and friends, Lisa and Jim, invited us over for dinner. Lisa loves to cook and insisted I choose a meal for my birthday dinner. I choose chicken fried steak, mashed potatoes and gravy thinking that was something the kids would eat. However I forgot how much work that meal is to make, oops. Lisa did a great job as always!

I took the kids to get Ethan's hair cut after work and then we all headed over to their house. I didn't bring any toys since we were just next door. The kids immediately made themselves at home. They ran from room to room checking everything out.


Jim didn't even know his tv got Blue's Clues. Ha!


They loved the big open furniture in the formal living room.


This rocking chair reminds me of growing up. Silly girl.


Aw look at that face! Rock, rock, rock...


Then we went outside and the fun really started.
Jim even grilled corn on the cob. We love these people!


One of the best pictures of my little man ever!!


Their yard is slanted perfectly for running...


Uncle Jim was very resourceful with his 'toys'. :)


Showing Lisa his treasure! Who knew hats and tennis balls were so much fun.


Fill the can... dump the can... fill the can... dump the cam.


Of course Uncle Jim was in on the fun too!

Dinner was delicious. Lisa even made me a birthday cake. So nice! Thanks guys we had a wonderful time!!!

No comments: