WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Monday, March 9, 2009

It's Official

Buster is officially a member of our family as of Friday, March 6th. I want to thank everyone who sent me their opinions on his staying with our family. I really appreciated the thoughts. I think I definitely over reacted when he initially knocked the kids over by licking them. He is a little bigger than we are used to but he is so sweet. He has really adjusted well to our routine and Zoe is a different dog now.

Zoe was always playful with Bruce but he was a good 5 years older than her and he didn't want to play all day. Buster is supposedly 2 to 2 1/2 years old but I guarantee he is really only about 1 1/2 years. He wants to play constantly! Zoe was very irritated with his playing at first but now he seems to have brought the puppy back out in her. I have yet to decide if that is a good thing or not. Ha! They play so much now that Dallas and I have to intervene to get them to calm down at night. The last week when it was so warm and nice outside I thought those dogs were never going to calm down. They were still on the floor rolling around and playing till 11:oo pm. I even had to lay down in between them the other night to get them to stop playing. I don't think I have ever seen Zoe so energetic. She has slimmed down in the last few weeks and looks like she did before Bruce passed away.

Carol came by that Friday and we signed all the adoptions papers. I have never seen Buster so happy. Carol had to sit on the couch so he wouldn't knock her down. Carol is a very sweet older British woman with a heart of gold. She was Buster's foster mom for about 4 months and you could tell he loved her dearly. I almost felt like he would rather be with her but she said they often get attached to her while in her care. She said that if she were to come back in two months he wouldn't act that way. She said not to worry she could tell he was happy in his new home. When she left he laid by the front door whining for a while. It was very sad but we distracted him and soon enough he forgot she was even there.

I feel confident that we made the right choice! It feels like home now that we have more than one dog. It feels like home to be cuddled on the couch and warmed by one on each side. I love to watch Zoe and Buster play for hours in the backyard. They seem to get into stuff together more than Bruce, Zoe and Bri combined but that's okay. I will gladly deal with the playing and occasional destruction to see my family complete again.

The kids like Buster but they are easily irritated when he gets in their way or tries to lick them. Welcome to the real world kiddos where everything isn't always perfect. They will love having the dogs once they are a little older and we will love having them to protect them when they are even older. I think Buster will be going on dates with Paige for sure! Maybe we can train him to bite if a boy tries something. Dallas will have to work on that one.


Good morning kiss for Ethan.


Paige denied Buster's kiss as usual with a foot in the face.


So cute! You see Ethan playing with his tail.


Now touching his tail with his foot. Playing with Buster.


And Buster is over for the tummy rub.


The family is complete~

No comments: