WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Big kid room transformations have begun

Dallas and I decided a few months ago that we wanted to redecorate the kids rooms for their 2nd birthdays. We have thought, planned and even started to order a few things for their rooms but we hadn't actually started production until this weekend. We decided this weekend would be a perfect time to paint. I called Dallas' parents on Thursday and ask if they could keep them on Friday night and most of Saturday so we could at least get Paige's room painted. They were thrilled to keep the kids and I was thrilled to get started!

I packed all the kids stuff on Friday morning and at lunch. I decided since the kids were climbing out of the playpens last week at Melissa's to just let them sleep in their guest bed with a bed rail. I didn't have to bring booster seats either because Grand daddy and Nana have a little kids table and chairs. I packed all their food, clothes, toys, books and everything else needed to keep them entertained for a couple of days. I picked the kids up from Melissa's around 4pm and headed straight to Las Colinas. We hit a small amount of traffic but over all the kids did really well on the trip.

Linda and Michael met us in the garage and helped get everything upstairs. Once the kids were settled in I headed home to get to work. Cheyenne had offered a month ago to help us paint so she headed over and met me there. Dallas had had a very long Friday at work which is a blog in itself. He was exhausted on Friday night but still managed to help some. Cheyenne and I worked on cleaning out Paige's room and started taping it off. We worked until around midnight and got 1 1/2 walls primed.


Saturday morning we woke up a little later than planned but I was not about to get up at 7am with no kids at home. We slapped ourselves around and got busy. By 12:30pm we had Paige's room primed and ready to be painted. Ethan's room was almost ready to be primed. We had ran out of primer and hadn't gotten the paint yet so I headed to Home Depot while Chey and D continued to work.


Cheyenne and Dallas' masterpiece they created when they ran out of paint. They were having fun I was so irritated when I returned. Sounds about right, huh. Ha!

I was at Home Depot for 1 1/2 hours getting paint!!! Geez, Really! I was the second person to get helped however I needed two gallons of each color and we had to paint match. It didn't help that the guy helping me had to go to lunch in the middle of my order. The deaf gentleman that was left to fend for himself did the best he could but he was ambushed with customers. I finally got home, we ate some lunch and it was time to get busy again. I was starting to panic because the kids were supposed to be home in about 4 hours and we were no where near being ready for them to come home. I called Linda and she said they would love to keep them longer. Thank goodness!

We started painting Paige's room with the pink and I was thrilled! The pink was such a beautiful color and it was very easy to apply. It didn't take the three of us very long to knock out Paige's room and we were on to Ethan's room. We worked our rears off all day long and were finished painting both rooms around 7pm. Safe to say we were all exhausted and disgusting. It was time for showers and down time. The rooms looked so good!!!



Dallas decided to take advantage of the kids being gone and went to hang out with his brother and Kris. Cheyenne and I took advantage of the kids being gone by sitting in front of the TV. Ha! I sat as long as I could but the ocd in me took over and I had to go finish working on the kids rooms. I stayed up until midnight or so taking down tape, putting light covers back up and arranging the rooms. I was so excited!

Sunday morning we had to get the kids earlier because Linda had to go to work about 11am. We decided to send Dallas to get the kids so Cheyenne and I could put the house back together before they arrived. The house was a painted disaster area! He had to drive around the block a few times but we pulled it off just in time to welcome them home.

The kids had a very full weekend at their grandparents house and that too is a blog in itself. They were exhausted when they got home but they came alive regardless when they walked in the door. We were waiting with a camera in the playroom for their reactions...

The first discovery was the full size mattress we had laid in the playroom floor until we can get it moved. The bunk beds in Paige's room had to go since Ethan figured out how to climb onto the top bunk by himself. Cheyenne's oldest boy is going to use the bunk bed until we are old enough to be safely left alone in the room with it. They went nuts jumping on that mattress! I had to physically remove them to even get their shoes off.


Ethan eventually made his way into Paige's room and stopped and stared. He looked, pointed and smiled so big.



We had to pick up Paige and bring her into her room. She did the same thing. Just looked and smiled. She ran to her bed, her new princess table and she even ran to the wall and touched it. Priceless!



We then took them to Ethan's room and the reaction was just the same. They were amazed by their new colored rooms and so excited they didn't know what to do. They really wanted in their beds since they had been away from home all weekend. I took the front gate off their beds so they could freely get in and out of them.




They ran phsyco for the next hour. They ran from room to room, bed to bed and moved chairs between rooms. We all agreed that all our hard work was well worth it by their reactions!





The rooms are by no means finished we don't even have the borders up between the colors. The hardest part is done and now it is time for the fun part. I am currently shopping for the accessories for each room and the kids toddler beds are on order. We should receive their beds this week or next which is perfect since Ethan keeps crawling out of his crib. I can't believe how old the twins are getting but I love every single moment!


Mommy getting Thank You Kisses!

A HUGE THANK YOU goes out to Linda and Michael for keeping the kids and Cheyenne for working herself to death to help us finish on time! We Love and Appreciate you guys!

*PS- Ethan's room will ultimately be a Dallas Cowboys/Football room and Paige will have a pink and purple princess room. Yea!

No comments: