WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Monday, November 10, 2008

I hear the angels singing and nothing else!!!

I can't believe it has been over a month since I last blogged but honestly it has been one hell of a month! I am just going to work my way back over the past month and give everyone a quick update... well as quick as I can. Ha Ha Ha

This weekend we lost yet another room in our home to the children. First the office was converted into the nursery. Then the game room was transformed into the playroom. Now the guest room is officially Paige's bedroom! I decided at 2:30am one day last week that I was completely over the kids sharing a room. I won't go into the details of my horrible week of sleepless nights last week and over the past month but lets just say enough is enough. Due to a nasty stomach virus, the time change, teething, and a bit of attitude I have been kept awake in a whirlwind of whining and crying.

Don't get me wrong I have no problem getting up and taking care of my sick child in the middle of the night however I do have issues when I am getting up for no reason. Paige was waking up anywhere from midnight to 2:30am every night. She would whine and cry so loudly that Ethan would have no chance of a good nights sleep. I would try to rock her but she would have no part of that. I would finally have to take her out of the room, change her diaper, give her a drink of water, and try anything else I could to get her back to sleep. All my efforts were useless and I would usually end up putting her back in the nursery and letting her cry it out. The only problem with her crying it out is that Ethan can't sleep through it and she knows it. She would get up, stand under the video camera, look up and scream to me. She would kick her bed loud enough to scare the dogs and I am supposed to just leave her and allow her disturb everyone in the house. I finally decided to take Ethan into our room when she started and let her deal with it without disrupting everyone else. This was a great idea except in the morning I was left dealing with moving the sleeping baby back into the nursery without waking either one and Paige is a very determined little girl. Last Thursday I moved Ethan as soon as she started and put him in our room. I turned down the monitor so only I could hear it and I dozed in and out until 5 when I finally got her up. The next day she would fall asleep in the high chair eating lunch because she was exhausted.

Don't think for one minute that Paige is the only one that causes a problem she was just the trouble maker this week. Ethan had been waking her up for the past two weeks when he was sick but he is just not quite as aggressive or hard to deal with as Paige. He will rock, cuddle, and go back to sleep she will cat scratch you while screaming and squirming trying to get down. It's so NOT cute in the middle of the night!

Recently we got a bunk bed for the guest room to allow us to sleep our friends a little easier when they come to visit. We were very upset about losing the bunk beds to give Paige her own room but I was determined it had to be done. I ended up leaving the beds in the room for now and I think it may work out. The kids love playing on the bed and it gives me somewhere to change her diaper if need be. It will also come in handy when I can just sleep in the room with her if she is really sick. I moved Paige's crib and room decor in her room on Saturday and had it ready to try for nap.

Both the kids went down with no problems for nap that day and night time that evening. Paige didn't make one sound during her first night in her own room! I was so happy words can't even express! At nap time on Sunday both the kids went down without a problem and Ethan woke up within an hour and a half, woke up, stood up, looked around, whined a little and laid back down for another 40 minutes. I swear I heard angels singing! Normally he would have whined and screamed until I had to rush in there so he didn't wake her. By the time I would get to him she was awake and 'ta-da' I have two pissy tired kids. Well not anymore!

Last night Paige woke up and was whining. I jumped up and about half way across the house I realized she didn't have anyone to wake up so I went back to bed. Within 10 minutes she was back asleep. Did I mention how excited I am!!!! The only question I have now is why we didn't do this a long time ago!!!



Yes the TV will be out of the room by this evening!


We are planning on painting and decorating both the kids rooms but for now this will work!

1 comment:

R.A.M. head on! said...

I swore I was never going to be that parent that let their kids run the house. I think Ryan has definitly made his mark in every room.

Thank God you have the space to be able to do this!