WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Friday, November 21, 2008

Catch up continued... Hillary's Baby Shower

Our friends, Hillary and Phillip, are currently expecting their first baby. Phillip started working at TXU in the same group of guys that Dallas started with years ago. Phillip was in our wedding and Hillary caught my bouquet. They were married in January a few years ago and Dallas was in their wedding. Now they are expecting a baby girl and I had offered to help host their baby shower with Stacie another friend of ours. When they found out they were pregnant they called it their little monkey. When they found out they were having a girl they started calling her Monkey Princess until they came up with a name. They are doing the baby's room in pink and brown with a few monkeys so we decided to do the same theme for our shower.

I had most everything done by the Saturday before the shower and only had a couple of things to finish it up. I had made her a diaper cake and diaper baby with the coordinating colors. I made favors out of clean Gerber baby food jars and filled them with the only pink candy I could find, Whoppers. Believe it or not I could not find more than one bag of pink M&Ms from the cancer awareness month that had just passed. It worked out regardless. I had to put a little pink tulle in with the whoppers to bring out the pink color. I made labels that said...

Family, friends, and gifts galore...
Hill and Phil we couldn't love you more!

What a WHOPPER of a day!
Ryan Elizabeth Adams is on her way!
November 2, 2008

The favors turned out really cute! I also got an idea to make a monkey tree with brown and pink ribbons to sit next to her while she opened gifts. I borrowed the fake tree from my office and transformed it. It turned out better than I could have ever imagined!

I also made a brown and pink flower arrangement to sat on the fireplace mantel behind the mother to be. I didn't know if I was going to be able to find brown flowers but Hobby Lobby came through for me as always. The flower arrangement turned out beautiful and I am probably going to put it in my house somewhere.

I would have to say that the brown, pink, and monkey theme was extremely cute! I have done many baby showers in the past and this one was one of my best. Stacie lives over an hour away and we didn't meet at all prior to the shower; therefore, it was amazing that everything went together so well. Stacie did a great job on the food, drinks, cake, and house while I handled the decoration, favors, and diaper gifts. It was all beautiful and the mother to be had an amazing day!!! We love you Hillary and Phillip!


The mantel decorations and the 'Mom to be' after arriving at her shower.


Flower arrangement, picture frame, and monkey tree.


Favors and monkey sucker flower arrangement. My Crazy co-host Stacie!


Diaper cake, cake, monkey Hillary's sister made, and the diaper baby.

Punch table and cake.


Mom to Be and Hostesses. Yummy food!


Pin the Baby on the Mommy game. Hill and niece, Bronwyn.


Stacie's niece, Rylie and a work friend's little baby. Ready set gifts...

Hostess gifts, Thanks Hill! Friend group and it was a great group of women.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You did such an awesome job on this shower, Lisa. Everything was perfect! I'm thinking of getting knocked up just so you can throw me one.

~Stacie