WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Noah's 5th Birthday Party


It's My Birthday!!!

On Sunday we went to our friend Cheyenne's son, Noah's, 5th birthday party. It was at 2pm at her Mom's house out in Mansfield. We arrived about 2:10 which is really good for us. We unloaded the car; floats, towels, lawn chairs, cooler, diaper bag, and oh yeah the kids. Paige got excited the minute she saw the pool! She just loves the water. We can usually get away with putting her in the float and she will stay in it for a while.


It doesn't take her long and she wants out. She want to swim like a fish but she just can't yet. She gets rather frustrated sometimes. I have figured out if I hold her by her hips then she can move freely while I still have control of her body. I don't know why but both of my kids like to drink pool water. I think that is one of the most difficult things about taking them swimming is trying to keep the chlorine injection down to a minimum.



April, Mike, and Reese were already in the pool when we arrived and Reese was showing off her "diving" skills. We later learned that her new found art of jumping in was quite scary. She is too young to understand you can only jump in when someone is there to catch you! April and I were nervous wrecks half the time. Kids and pools always put moms on high alert.



After swimming for about an hour we decided we all needed a break. The hamburgers and hot dogs weren't ready yet so I proceeded to get the kids snack I had brought them. I am so glad I always bring "just in case" food! I started with puffs thinking that would hold them over till snack time which was only 30 minutes away. Wrong! They were like savage beast! I couldn't put the puffs out fast enough. I was feeding them off a picnic table bench out back where we were all sitting. Suddenly a gust of wind came along and puffs went everywhere. No worries my children had no problem eating them off the ground grass and all. I tried to pick them up and avoid too many bites of grass but it was pointless. By this time other kids had started to line up and I had puff piles everywhere. The puffs weren't doing the job so I pulled out the grapes. The bench wasn't big enough for everyone so Cheyenne took Paige across the yard to a lawn chair to eat. Safe to say the grapes, grilled cheese sandwich, and almost an entire can of puffs were demolished in minutes. They say swimming makes you hungry and that's no lie!
Puff, grapes, & grass... Yum and a little dirt... even better!

Once the kids finished eating I decided to take Paige inside the house since she was so red. We had covered her a million times in sunscreen but she still was glowing red. The house was by no means child proofed and had no toys. I figured there would be a few toys so I didn't bring any but all the toys were too old for them. I literally chased Paige throughout the house putting thing up. I shut all the doors possible and moved pictures and books but I was outnumbered by house plants! It was a little trying but she looked so much better after having time to cool off.
Playing inside Napkins were a favorite

Everyone had eaten and it was time for the cake and cupcakes. We went outside and sang to Noah as we tried to keep a candle lit in the wind. As we were singing I noticed Ethan out of the corner of my eye dancing to happy birthday! Oh my, he is so freaking cute!


See Dallas pointing at Ethan dancing!
The kids were running free around the backyard having a great time. Paige had found a big rubber duck and she was carrying it everywhere. Ethan apparently wanted to go swimming again because he went over to his float and crawled in it. He just sat there by himself in his float. That boy cracks me up! We decided to get back in the pool before we headed home.



Ethan was really having a good time in the pool at this point. He was splashing and laughing. Paige on the other hand was squirmy and wanted to be let go. I had let her run around a minute and we were on our way back down into the pool when I fell. April, Reese, Paige, and I were all at the steps that enter the pool when Reese suddenly dove into the water. April and I lunged for her and I slipped. I fell all the way down the steps dragging my right foot upside down underneath me. It hurt like hell! I managed to keep Paige from going underwater and she didn't even know anything had happened. I sat there in pain hoping it wasn't as bad as it felt. April took Paige and as soon as I could I got out of the pool. I could move it so it wasn't broken or anything. I hobbled into the house and gathered our things. It took everything I had to get out of the house without tears streaming down my face. I dressed and changed both the kids with the amazing help of April and Cheyenne. It is so awesome to have wonderful friends! We left around 5:30 pm and the kids were getting really cranky. We had skipped evening nap all together and it was starting to show. We could not get home fast enough. I propped my foot up with ice and Dallas started the nightly routine. He gave them baths and everything else Sunday night. I could barely walk but nothing serious just a bunch of bruises. The top of my right foot is swollen but I will survive. The kids were so worn out from swimming they slept until 8:15 am on Monday morning! Wow what a busy, crazy, fun weekend!


No comments: