WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Just another Wednesday- NOT!

Today started out like every other Wednesday morning. I woke up a little late and really didn't want to get out of bed. I managed to drag myself out of bed and jump in the shower. I was too tired to make the babies food last night so I opted to do it this morning. Mistake number one! Every time I leave the food to do in the morning something happens and I end up being late to work.

The kids woke up at around 7 am. I changed Paige first as usual and decided to let her go play in the playroom while I got brother taken care of. I didn't put clothes on her yet because she had not had her morning poop. Mistake number two! On most mornings once I get finished changing Ethan's poopy diaper she is ready for another change. I usually dress Ethan immediately and Paige after her second diaper so she doesn't get it on her clothes. Sometimes I leave them without clothes until after breakfast so we don't go to Melissa's with banana stains all over our clothes.

Once I finished up Ethan's diaper I walked into the play room to give them their milk. Paige was bent over looking at something. My first reaction was she threw up. Wrong, worse! She had apparently pulled her diaper off as soon as she got in the room. She was covered in poo! It was all over her! She had stepped in it, tracked it across the room, and stuck her hands in it. It looked like a small cow had meandered across the play room.

I grabbed Paige under the arms and took her to the bathroom. I turned just in time to see Ethan go for the closest pile. I ran for him but he managed to get a couple fingers in for a feel before I reached him. I closed the playroom door and tried to get Paige back in the bathroom. She had been running around in the hall spreading poo from her feet as I retrieved Ethan. I managed to get them both in the bathroom long enough to shut the door.

I turned the water on to warm up and proceeded to somewhat clean Paige with a wipe. In the meantime she had tracked poo all over the bathroom floor and on the knee pillow left in the floor from last nights bath. I decided to forget washing her with a wipe and waited for the bath to get ready. We had one close call with a poo covered green bean that Ethan found but hand to mouth transfer was avoided.

I threw Paige in the bath and scrubbed her down. The entire time Ethan had one leg lifted up the side of the tub trying to get in himself. I finished her up and dried her off. Ethan still stubbornly trying to get in the tub, I took her to the nursery and went back for brother. Remember the hall is tracked with poo so I must keep them out of there also.

I put on Paige's new diaper and a pair us shorts to avoid this entire issue from happening again! I transferred them to the living room before they destroyed the nursery and figured out my game plan. I was already late, I needed to feed them, get them ready, get me ready, and clean all the poo. Hum... So I started in the living room. I turned on Toon Disney, picked up everything they could get into, blocked the couch as best I could and went to get their breakfast ready. Mickey Mouse bought be enough time to get ready. I fed them breakfast and tried to do as much of the daily food preparation as possible. In the rush I burned their grilled cheese sandwich, dropped grapes everywhere, and tripped over dogs at least four times.

Gotta Love Toon Disney when you are in a bind!

Once they were done eating I tackled the bathroom and hall mess. I moved onto the playroom next while they beat on the doors wanting in. They aren't ever locked out of their playroom and they did not appreciate it. I figured we were even cause I didn't appreciate cleaning poo all morning either.

I managed to get everything done and everyone in the car by 8:30 am. I was 30 mins late but in the grand scheme of it all I didn't figure that was too bad. I knew the day would come when I would have to clean poo off the walls or something similar but I was hoping it would be on a weekend. I was also hoping their Daddy would be home to help too but that is okay. I stepped back at one point this morning and thought, "This would make one hell of an episode on Everyone Loves Raymond."

What would my life be like without my babies... BORING! I love the little stinkers! Have a great day!

1 comment:

R.A.M. head on! said...

this is a great story...oh the tails of motherhood. This happened to me once but Ry was in his crib when it happened so it was all contained.