WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Monday, September 29, 2008

Little Bro Rocking Out

Last Saturday night, 9/20 Dallas, Keith, and I went to watch my little brother Brandon's band play. They had a gig at The Door in Fort Worth and we wanted to take advantage of the close location to finally get to see him play live. Brandon has always been gifted with music especially the drums. Even when he was very young he was always drumming with his fingers on everything. Safe to say it used to drive me up the walls!!! Now it seems that all that annoying tapping may turn out to be a lucrative skill.

Brandon has been in bands ever since he was old enough to join. The band he is in now is called Gun The Villian and is a heavy metal band. I don't particularly enjoy the screaming of the lead singer because I can't understand a word of it. Mom can't understand it either but Dallas and Keith didn't have a problem so maybe we just aren't cool enough to get it! The music itself is really good. All the members of the band are pretty good on their instruments and Brandon can definitely rock the drums! I have never truly supported Brandon's music dreams because I am too much like my Dad and don't really trust that you can count on something so uncertain for your future. But what do I know I don't have a career and I am doing just fine. Dallas wouldn't normally support the 'live your dreams' philosophy either but with Brandon he is torn. He says he is actually talented enough to make it and he thinks his current band is amazing. I guess the big sister in me just wants to protect him from his dreams being crushed but then again if he hits it big he knows we are planning on living off of him! We really enjoyed the night hanging out together and will be doing it again soon. Love you Brandon and good luck!


Pre show backstage picture.


Rocking out!
Pictures didn't turn out that great because of lack of light and I couldn't see Brandon in the back.


Dallas, Brandon, and Keith backstage after the show.


Brandon and I being stupid and Dallas trying to look tough!


Can't tell we are related, huh!

Yes, I am wearing a black headband with pink skulls on it. I had to pull out the appropriate clothing to fit in. Couldn't embarrass my brother by showing up looking like an old out of touch fart. By the way we were so old and out of place. The kids were even doing a dance in the mosh pit that none of us three had ever seen! Its official, we don't have a clue anymore! Dallas and I had accepted this fact a long time ago but this was a first for Keith. He is 25 and he was visually dumbfounded by the new dance and the realization of how out of touch he really is now. Welcome to the "not cool" side Keith don't worry you will get used to it!

No comments: