WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Let the celebration begin...

The kids turned 3 years old on Sunday, April 25th. We started the birthday festivities with a small party at their daycare. They wanted a Dora theme so I brought plates, napkins and Dora cups for all the kids in their class. I provided pretzel sticks, juice and cupcakes too! Ethan and Paige were so very excited! They have 19 kids in their 2 year old class so it is always some one's birthday. They were thrilled it was finally their turn!

I had planned to show up around 3 something and have them eat by 3:30pm. I told Dallas to meet me up there by 3:30. When I walked in the classroom at 3:10 all the kids were sitting at the tables waiting for food. Oh crap! She said they were all so excited she could barely keep them away from the tables. So the teachers and I hurried to get everything ready. By the time Dallas arrived the kids were almost done eating. Oops, I felt bad but I did not know they were going to devour the snacks that quickly.

After eating we headed outside to play with bubbles and run off the sugar. I had picked up 3 bubble guns earlier that day. I figured the kids would all have a good time and it would make the celebration a little different and special. The kids had a wonderful time playing with bubbles and even the 3 year old class stood against the fence wanting to play. We had to go shoot the guns over their side a few times too.


It just amazes me how much toddlers love juice boxes and Capri Sun.


Some of the kids stuck their pretzel sticks in their cupcake like candles. Ha! Very inventive.


Xaden and Emma loved those cupcakes and so did I. Cooper St. Bakery is the best!


Ethan was thrilled when his Daddy walked in. Paige was a whining mess the entire time. She thought we were going home since Mommy and Daddy were there. She cried the e-n-t-i-r-e time!


Oh look everyone is having fun... except Paige. Child!


Ethan sure loved the bubbles!




Finally Paige pulled it together and had a little fun.

I also brought balloons for the kids to take home with them. This was an obvious mistake from the very minute I walked in with them. I remember parents bringing balloons in the past. When I thought about it our room then had a big closet to store them in. Another words the kids could not see the balloons until they were handed one when leaving. All the kids whined and complained about wanting their balloon the entire time. Lesson learned!

The kids had a blast but we were exhausted afterwards. I think in the future I will drop the cupcakes off and go home. Let the teachers deal with that crap from now on. :)

No comments: