WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy Birthday Nana!

December 2nd was Linda's birthday and I wanted to do something special for her. It was on a Wednesday so I knew it would take some strategic planning. I picked up the kids from daycare and we rushed home. I had their dinner all ready to go so they started eating. As soon as the kids finished eating I hurried them to the big table to sign their card. I love that they are old enough to actually "sign" their own names. We signed the card and loaded back up in the car.

They were really excited about Nana's birthday. I told them we were going to surprise her at work and sing happy birthday. They practiced singing the entire way through Ft. Worth and into the parking lot. When we arrived I had to figure out how I was going to get a small cake, balloons, a big bag and two toddlers in the building safely. I had my hands full but managed to hold Ethan's hand and I ask him to hold Paige's hand. They held hands and we all walked in a line in the door. It was about the cutest thing I have ever seen!!!

The building is always on strict lock down since she works in an Alzheimer's facility but the receptionist was very nice. She let us go up and walk onto her unit. It took us a minute to find her but we shocked the crap out of her! Of course when we actually got up there they would not sing with me but they were very happy to give her the cake and card. I think she only got to look at the balloons but we all knew those were never really leaving the kids hands. Ha!











It was a great surprise and definitely worth the extra trouble. We headed back home for bath and bed time and Nana went back to work knowing she was loved.

No comments: