WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

School Halloween Party

The Friday before Halloween the kids' daycare had their Halloween party. It started at 3pm which is usually when I get off on Fridays and I was thrilled to get to go. All the parents had signed up to bring treats for the kids in their class. I bought bright orange ghost plates and napkins, made rice krispie treats with sprinkles and put together little treat bags for each kid. It was my first 'class' party and I was really excited.

I sent the kids to school in their Halloween shirts and they looked adorable. I was in such a hurry to get to work I forgot to take a picture. Of course by 3pm Paige had gotten poo on her shirt and she was in her extra clothes. Amanda knew I would be disappointed but you can't just let the kid wear poo around all day. Ha!

We ended up leaving work a little early since the auditor left early. I had time to go home and put on comfortable clothes. Yeah! I headed up to the school and when I arrived the teachers already had the table set up for the party. The teachers added the other treats brought by the other parents to my treat bags and tied each with a Mylar pumpkin balloon Zoe and Curt's mom had brought. The table was quite festive and the kids were very excited.


It took Ethan and Paige a little while to understand that I was staying and they were not leaving. The parents arrival always symbolizes that it is time to go home. They both watched me like a hawk the entire time to make sure I did not leave without them. The party started with the trick or treaters. The older kids went from class to class collecting candy and the younger kids gave them the treats. I was surprised that not one of the two year olds tried to take the candy or leave the room.




See Paige putting candy in the bag. Amanda dressed up as a bee and won the contest between the teachers. She is so funny.

Then it was time to party!

This is the kids doing the hand song they sing to keep their hands in their lap.


So cute, wish I could remember how it went. My big man in his ghost shirt.


Look Mom a krispie! I told Amanda that they had never had a Capri Sun before and she could tell. They downed it in seconds and wanted more.

Janie, she likes to get into things w Paige.
Food and drinks are on the table and the kids are happy.


Emma being adorable and Ethan showing his teachers what he is like at home.


Adam and Ethan are best buds. Hunter has always had a thing for Paige. He has finally excepted the fact that she doesn't want to be touched. Ha!

Adam was happy to have his 'cubcake".
Ms Krystal used to be one of our teachers but she is with the younger two yr olds now. We still get to see her since she is in an adjoining room.


Paige getting hugs from Amanda. Ethan's new favorite spot...


He is constantly standing by the bathroom door taking his pants off since he started potty training. He has even went a step further and started stripping.

After everyone was done with their treats, I helped the teachers wipe off all the kids. The kids were all going nuts because of all the sugar and excitement so Amanda and Camille started doing songs. First up was the ants go marching...


Down... down... down...down. Shake those maracas Paigey.


Reach up high!!! Ta da, all done Mommy.


I think this is the bee song and they are wiping off their bumble bee.


By the end of the party the teachers were literally running the kids in circles to wear off some of that sugar. I love our teachers so much! They are so good with the kids and have taught them so much!

I was really glad I was able to come to their party. I was the only parent in their class and all the other classes had at least one parent. I took a lot of pictures and put together a big poster with them for the class. It is hanging in their classroom right now but I will take a picture of it soon and post it. I had so many complements on it and the other parents appreciated getting copies of their kids pictures.

No comments: