WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Friday, October 3, 2008

Killing time and burning energy

Wednesday evening after I got home from work I decided to take the kids out. I had to come home at 3 pm because Cheyenne had to go pick up her older boys from school so we had some time to kill. I was out of diapers and wipes so I loaded the kids up and headed to Walmart. I rarely ever take the kids to the grocery store especially alone. I can't push a basket if I am pushing the stroller and Paige still throws a fit if you stop moving whatever she happens to be riding in. I had no choice this time because it was Dallas' late night and I had to have wipes for the evening. Walmart went well even the check out lady was impressed. How did you get both kids, a large box of wipes, a large box of diapers, a large pack of night diapers, and two cans of pears to the counter without a basket. Twin Mommy Skills that's how!

Being at home made me think of Bruce and the kids were feeling very pent up being stuck at home all week. I decided I would head to the mall after Walmart. We have never taken them to the mall before mostly because we aren't really fans of the mall. We don't ever just go looking at the mall unless we need something from there. I decided I would be okay taking them to the little play area by myself because there was only one exit and the rest was walled in. The kids had a blast at the play area!

There were only three things that Paige couldn't play with and of course those were the three things she kept trying to do. The first was escaping through the opening into the mall. I somehow recruited a helper that was seated by the exit and she alerted me if Paige somehow got past me. It didn't help that the exit had a huge cut out elephant that looked like the one in her favorite peekaboo book. She was just drawn to the opening.

The next things she wanted to do was take every one's shoes and socks out of the little slots. Gross! Don't touch other people nasty shoes and socks.
At least this was HIS shoe and sock!
The last and most tiring of her adventures was climbing up on the padded bench that circled the entire play area for the parents to sit on. She would climb up on it and run as fast as possible. She did this over and over no matter what I did and of course eventually Ethan had to try it. Gees, come on! Please you can climb on everything else but that!!!

She also could not WALK anywhere she had to RUN. She kept dragging her feet on the mat and falling face first into the floor. She never cried but I imagine she will be especially bruised in a few days. She ran over one little girl and a stroller running wild and not looking up. I swear that child has no fear and a very high pain tolerance.

I could barely catch a picture of her at all because she was running so fast!


Ethan loved everything about the play area! He kept going back to the big tree and playing with the big movable lady bugs.

He thought the little fence you could crawl through was really cool too. He was a bit bravery than Paige in the climbing aspect. He climbed on everything he could. He figured out how to climb up the little slide and refused to climb up the correct side. He kept getting in the bigger kids way of sliding but they were all very sweet and patient with him.

This is the right way up the slide and this would be the wrong way up the slide!

He also tried to escape a few time but it wasn't his main objective like his sister.

After I was sweating and exhausted from the play area we went for a stroll around the mall. The kids loved looking around at all the bright colorful things. We watched the carousel as I tried to decide whether I wanted to sit with both of them on a bench and ride it or not. I opted to wait for Daddy so they could both ride on a horse.

We parked on the second floor at the glass above the ice skating rink and watched the people skating while they enjoyed some animal crackers and water. They both enjoyed putting their feet on the glass in front of them. Sorry about that maintenance. We made our way back to the car and headed home for dinner. All in all we had a great time at the mall and we will definitely be back to burn off some energy in the future.

See why I was tired when we left... both kids going different directions.

No comments: