WARNING...WARNING...WARNING...

THIS BLOGGER IS KNOWN TO FALL BEHIND IN HER BLOGS. SOMETIMES GOING OVER A MONTH WITHOUT AN UPDATE. PLEASE BE PATIENT WITH HER INCONSISTENCY!!! SHE WILL TRY TO KEEP HER ACT TOGETHER. HA, HA!

Thursday, October 2, 2008

Cowboys game

Months and months ago I purchased tickets for the Dallas Cowboys vs. the Washington Redskins game this past Sunday. At the time I didn't know it was Kingston's first birthday. Cheyenne decided to do a Cowboys themed birthday party on Sunday and have everyone stay for the game after the party. I called her as soon as I found out the date and told her we had tickets for the game and wouldn't be able to come. She was of course disappointed since Kingston's best little friend is Ethan. Dallas and I decided that since the game wasn't anything special we would go to a different game, sell these tickets, and go to the birthday party instead. Well it was a good plan but it didn't work out that way.

I put the tickets up for sale on Stubhub but do to the high seller fees I had to charge more than I paid to even make most of my money back. They weren't selling on Stubhub so I moved the listing to Craigslist. I had two interested people but neither one of them worked out. On the Saturday before the game I was texting and calling everyone I could think of trying to get rid of the tickets. I helped Cheyenne get ready for the birthday party late Saturday night and I thought I had found a buyer but in the end that fell through as well.

At this point I started offering the extra ticket to people to go with Dallas and I would take the kids to the birthday party. My older brother didn't want to go and Dallas' dad didn't even want to go. I could not believe how difficult it was to get someone to go to a Cowboys game with him. It would have been no problem finding a taker if I had been giving the ticket away for free but we just couldn't afford to lose that kind of money. They were very good seats and I wasn't "giving" them to anyone.

Sunday morning I called Cheyenne and told her we weren't coming. I decided to go to the game with Dallas and called mom to come babysit last minute. She threw down everything and rushed over to keep the kids. We are soooooo spoiled with such amazing grandparents!!!! Cheyenne was disappointed but she knew I tried my best to make it all work out and it just wasn't happening.

Dallas and I threw stuff together to go to the game and headed out around 12:45 pm. We hit traffic and it was not moving. We decided to take a chance on a sign that said Gold/ $ parking. We debated for quite some time whether we should take the path less followed or continue to sit in the non moving line that we knew led to general parking. We followed the empty path and were told no way, no how by a cop guarding the entrance. It was apparently Gold parking only and some idiot put a $ for no reason. Yes sarcasm intended! We kept going and ended up parking in the University of Dallas parking lot for $20 and the stadium wasn't any further than it would have been from general.

We decided not to grill the hot dogs we had brought since we were on the side of a street. We sat out behind the car drank a few beers that weren't $8.00 a pop and talked with all the other fans. We headed up to the game and I realized immediately how badly I need new shoes. It was a good 10 to 15 mins walk to the stadium and in the gate. We got in the gate and realized we were on the opposite side of the stadium from our seats. We started the walk around the stadium to our seats. They were definitely the best seats we have ever had at Texas Stadium. We were only 19 rows from the field and they were aisle seats so we had extra room. The only problem was that the seats were in the sun for over half of the game but we both had wore hats so we were good.


Farwell Texas Stadium. Of course D had to add to the 'wall' of beer!

We had a great time at the game even though the Cowboys were not in attendance that day. You could tell from the minute the offense hit the field that they were not having a good day. Poor Tony Romo just didn't have his game together that day. He was over throwing people and receivers were dropping everything he did manage to get to them. Safe to say I wish they would have won but we did have a great time.

I do have to say that the 15 mins truck back to the car was like the walk of shame. I would say 3/4 of the entire crowd if not more were Cowboys fans and not a one was happy afterwards. It felt like we were walking Green Mile back to the parking lot. Oh and then the ride home with my Cowboys obsessed husband... we won't even go there.


And here come the boys... D can't stand Rowdy, ha.

Kneeling before the game. Witten's touchdown!

Sun anyone? Can you tell by D they aren't doing well.

Huddle up boys. Come on Tony... is Jessica here or what!


The ultimate fan. Witten what a man... he he

Touchdown! But it was just too late...

The birthday party went really well and I am eager to see pictures and video from it.
Happy 1st Birthday Kingston!

No comments: